Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Family, Your Family


It was around 2:45 am, and I awoke to the sound of my son crying in pain. Not your normal night...we get real quiet around here about 8pm as the children start konking out. (How do you spell that anyway?) I went in to see what was happening and he said his neck popped and then started hurting. I said, "Go back to sleep, can't do anything about it now anyway!" I was tired and grumpy.

15 minutes later we were dressed and heading to the office where I established the fact that there was brainstem pressure from the atlas subluxation complex. (short leg phenomenon, muscle spasms, postural distortions, and temperature asymmetry). I took a set of NUCCA films to find out how to correct the problem, corrected the problem, and by 4:30 am we were back in bed. He slept. No more problem.

Easy? Well, if you figure that eight years of school studying anatomy, physiology, neurology, chemistries, and all the other 'ologies that you find in a med school plus some you don't find in med school is easy, then, okay, it's easy.

If you consider that studying a branch of chiropractic (NUCCA) under the guidance of several mentors around the country over an extended period of time easy, then, well, sure it's easy.

But where my wife and children are concerned, I would do it all over again, and do whatever it takes to make sure they get the best of care and the most appropriate care.

Even at 3 in the morning...

Join us to find out how easy it really is to get kids back on their feet and adults back on the path to healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment