Monday, February 15, 2010

Foot Problems in Rockford


I had an elderly patient mention as an aside that her feet hurt all the time. Now, I like to know things, especially about my patients. She had never told me that before, so I was surprised! I suggested that we take a close look at them.

I found that there were a number of bones out of position in her feet. Her mother had experienced painful feet, as had her grandmother, so it seemed to be hereditary. But we decided to give the feet four weeks of special attention. Since everything else had cleared up, it seemed appropriate.

Sure enough, by the end of the second week, things were beginning to feel better, and by the fourth week, feet were stable and there was no more problem. So for three generations, there were sore feet waiting for the right person to come along and recognize the problem.

Interestingly enough, that's one foot case that didn't respond directly to the spinal correction. Sometimes, when we correct the balance of the spine, the foot bones move right back into position. When they do not, chiropractic has the right tools for finishing the work.

So, next time you see someone with foot pain, ask, "What's the status of your atlas?"

No comments:

Post a Comment