Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Rockford Chiropractor - Help for Musicians

I had a car accident about 40 years ago that crushed my shoulder and some ribs, said David...
I was in pretty bad shape. It got to the point where I could not shave with my right hand, I had to use my left hand. I am an amateur cellist, and my shoulder and arm were sore quite a bit, to the extent that I couldnt play continuously through long rehearsals. But then I got under care at 1st Step Chiropractic in April, 2003. Over the first year of my recovery, I had a lot of quiet changes that I only noticed during a rehearsal. It boiled down to how long I could play without pain. This time gradually grew longer and longer, so that I regained my confidence that I could keep playing.
Dr. Schalow has impressed my with the thoroughness of his exams. He is the one who spotted the fact that I had a new shingles outbreak, and so I got it taken care of with the right drugs before it got too advanced.
Oh....... another thing. Actually the last right shoulder/arm pain I experienced to any extent was last August (2005) in Austria. This was not a surprise though, because, after not playing cello for a few weeks I participated with long hours of playing cello again, this time in the Classical Music Festival orchestra in Eisenstadt. After playing about 5+ hours in the first day the pains started to return to the extent I was not playing all of the time. The next day of rehearsals?...... almost no pain after 5+ hours of practicing. Then that was all.
I recommend upper cervical care in Dr. Schalows’ office for any serious musician.
Our very first patient, still getting checked, still having benefit as the correction holds and does its work. "Don't ever give up!" as my piano teacher always told me...The same thing holds true with your health and maintaining your correction. The NUCCA procedure helps your body heal from the inside,  and if there are other problems going on requiring separate modalities, that's okay. Just be sure they don't interfere with the correction!


1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the info! My wife and I have been trying to find a chiropractor in Long Grove IL, but don't know what to look for when choosing one. What would you recommend to look for?

    ReplyDelete