Friday, December 11, 2009

Getting To Point "B"

There have been a few significant influences on my life. It is similiar to a great chicken soup - some garlic, carrots, parsnips...you get the picture?
I want to mention some of these influences to round out the picture of my practice.
Doris H. Johnson, my first violin teacher and coach through my professional violin career until her death from Lou Gherig's disease in 1986. I didn't learn enough about how to get health back in time to help her, but now things are different. She taught me how to listen.
Joseph Primavera, hot-headed conductor of the Youth Orchestra of Greater Philadelphia. He taught me how to stop.
Countess Catherine Wielopolska, aka "Kitty," taught me how to stop stiffening my neck through the Alexander Technique.
Richard Leaky (the younger) and Cab Calloway. A strange but useful lesson. If you don't take care of yourself, you can't stop getting rude and cranky.
George Burns and Lou Tepper. World-class means being encouraging, with high expectations of your fellow workers.
Rev. Elwood Bailey. The importance of rearranging your prejudices periodically.
Dr. Vern Hagen You don't know how much you know, and you don't know as much as you think you do.
My father, Rev. Frederick M. Schalow. The guidebook to all of life, love and liberty with God really is Holy Scripture.
My patients. They have all taught me how to be a good doctor, challenging me to deliver the best adjustment on the planet and expecting the best from me.
I am grateful to you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment