Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Children's Health

News from a fellow NUCCA doctor...

"Recently I had a new patient named Jayden. She is 5 months old. At about 2 months old, her parents noticed that something was wrong. She wasn't moving very much and it became difficult for her to swallow. She was suffering with dysphagia, central hypotonia, esotropia, development disabilities, and a history of aspiration. Conventional medicine could not place a specific diagnosis on her and she ended up on Prevacid. This had been going on for about 3 months when someone referred her to my office. She was being fed through a tube that stayed in her nose all the time. I have now seen Jayden 3 times over the last month and I have adjusted her twice. Her parents have about a 3 hour drive to get to my office. Her mother reported that she is more active than she has ever been since the first adjustment and she is beginning to swallow. They are introducing juices to Jayden slowly. She cries every time she sees me. She does not like to get on my table. "

Now the big question is, "If upper cervical care can help this child regain normal function, can it help other children?"
Another question is this, "If the child does not want to be there, should we let the child call the shots?"

Since the NUCCA adjustment is not painful, since the adjustment is very light, since the treatment is proven to set into motion normal developmental processes, should we allow our children to be under this type of care?

I vote for my kids a BIG YES!

1 comment: