Sunday, March 21, 2010

Success with Upper Cervical Care

I am often disappointed in results, given my perfectionist nature. It is easier to deal with it if we're talking about how the lawn looks, or if the garden is producing well. These are things that don't really matter after all. There's always the store if the cucumbers don't yield.

But where it really hits me hard is when my patients don't get better the way I think they should. Sometimes it takes more time than I think it should, and sometimes strange symptoms ensue as the healing process unfolds. What is going on in these cases and should we give up?

Recalling that we are working with the upper cervical region, however, reminds me that we must be concerned with those details first. If everything is in order in the relation between the skull, the atlas (C1), the axis (C2) and the neck below, then we can rest assured that the process is working the way it should be.

More times than I can count, the case has resolved well after taking new x-rays and finding out that the misalignment pattern changed. The details of the adjusting vector cannot be underestimated, and if those details are not right, we have to get them right to see success. Those patients who share the same interest in the details as I do are those patients who see success.

How can we be most successful? Commit to excellence in upper cervical care so that healing can progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment